OfficeTeam Offers Recognition Tips For Administrative Professionals Day (April 25)
Apr 19, 2012
MENLO PARK, Calif., April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Have you thanked your administrative professional lately? Although it's important to recognize employees throughout the year, Administrative Professionals Day (April 25) provides a special opportunity to show appreciation to support staff.
OfficeTeam, a leading staffing service specializing in the placement of highly skilled administrative professionals, notes that in addition to expressing thanks through team lunches or other tokens of gratitude, it can be beneficial to invest in your administrative staff members' development. Following are five ideas for acknowledging support personnel during Administrative Professionals Week (April 22-28) and beyond:
- Nominate employees for internal and external achievement awards. For example, the Administrative Excellence Award recognizes outstanding support staff. Nominations are being accepted through April 30, 2012.
- Pay for workers to attend a professional conference, and have them share what they've learned with their colleagues.
- Help more experienced administrative staff build supervisory skills by asking them to mentor newer team members.
- Implement a solution throughout the department that your assistant recommended and give him or her credit.
- Offer administrative personnel a subscription to an industry trade publication, such as OfficePro or Executive Secretary.
"Administrative Professionals Week is a great opportunity to thank support staff for their contributions," said OfficeTeam executive director Robert Hosking. "Although the achievements of these individuals often occur behind the scenes, administrative professionals make a significant impact on their organizations every day."
For additional ways to celebrate the accomplishments of administrative staff and other employees, download 30 Creative Ideas for Boosting Morale and Retention in a Recovering Economy, a complimentary tip sheet available at www.officeteam.com/RecognitionIdeas.
OfficeTeam also recently launched "Recognition Gone Wrong," light-hearted video bloopers showcasing examples of what not to do when acknowledging the achievements of colleagues. The videos, along with advice on honoring coworkers the right way, can be found at www.officeteam.com/recognition.
OfficeTeam is the nation's leading staffing service specializing in the temporary placement of highly skilled office and administrative support professionals. The company has 315 locations worldwide and offers online job search services at www.officeteam.com.
For further information: Abby Welch, +1-650-234-6289, firstname.lastname@example.org