In addition to identifying trends through our daily interactions with companies and job seekers, we conduct extensive research on hiring and employment issues. Read about our latest research, including results from our ongoing surveys of CFOs, CIOs, lawyers, advertising and marketing executives, human resources managers, senior managers and workers.
MENLO PARK, Calif., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trends like big data and mobile media are translating into growing paychecks for some professionals, according to the recently released 2014 Salary Guides from Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. Employers are prepared to offer increased compensation this year to skilled information technology (IT) and digital professionals who can help organizations meet the following objectives: keep information and networks secure, turn data into business intelligence and seize new opportunities in the mobile space.
"It's becoming imperative for companies to build their online presence and connect with customers through mobile channels, but finding the specialized talent to design and develop for this fast-evolving space can be difficult," said John Reed, senior executive director of Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. "Similar recruiting challenges exist around business intelligence. Companies want to use their information more strategically, but they struggle to find skilled professionals who can analyze raw data."
Following are six roles that are among those expected to see the most substantial increases in average starting compensation in 2014, according to the Robert Half Salary Guides*:
- Mobile applications developer: As companies expand their mobile initiatives to connect with consumers anytime, anywhere, they need professionals who can develop for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. Experienced mobile applications developers can expect to see the largest increase (7.8 percent) in starting compensation of any tech position listed in this year's Salary Guide, with salaries ranging from $100,000 to $144,000.
- Business intelligence analyst: Organizations of all types want to derive more value from the data they generate, collect and store by turning it into actionable intelligence. Skilled business intelligence analysts can anticipate a 7.4 percent boost in starting compensation in 2014, with salaries ranging from $101,250 to $142,250.
- Information systems security manager: Keeping data secure and protecting users and the network from cyber threats is a priority for any modern business. Information systems security managers who can assess and remediate vulnerabilities, threats and intrusions are in demand, and are projected to see a 6.8 percent bump in base compensation this year, with average starting salaries between $115,250 and $160,000.
- User experience designer: Designing engaging user experiences is essential to the success of any mobile or web initiative -- and requires specialized talent. User experience designers can expect to see average starting salaries between $78,000 and $120,000, up 7.5 percent from 2013.
- Mobile designer: Compelling content and functionality are vital to delivering a satisfying interactive mobile experience. Skilled mobile designers can anticipate average starting salaries to increase 6.3 percent in 2014, to the range of $66,000 to $103,000.
- User experience specialist: Developing innovative, interactive user experiences for web and mobile applications requires creativity and technical expertise. User experience specialists can expect to receive base compensation in the range of $79,000 to $118,000, a gain of 5.9 percent over last year.
More information about the positions listed above can be found in the Robert Half Technology 2014 Salary Guide, which includes a wide range of IT job descriptions, and The Creative Group 2014 Salary Guide, which focuses on interactive, design and marketing jobs.
Both Robert Half Technology (rht.com) and The Creative Group (creativegroup.com) are divisions of Robert Half, the world's first and largest specialized staffing firm and a recognized leader in professional staffing services.
*All salaries listed are U.S. national averages based on data published in the 2014 Salary Guides from Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. Actual salary ranges may vary depending on location.
SOURCE Robert Half Technology